ameijers

Default Adjusting Anderson crank window

"Glenn" wrote in message

"OK" wrote in message
. com...
I've got an Anderson crank-out casement window in the bathroom that

won't
close all the way. It comes to about a half inch of closing but stays

open
far enough that the latches won't catch. If I take off the screen and

grab
it with my finger, it's ok. Is there a way to adjust this? We moved

into
the house in the winter so it hasn't been a problem but now with the

nicer
weather, I need to get this operational.
Thanks

replace the cranking mechanism
it is probably stripped from years of use.
or maybe there is something obstructing the window from closing (check for
debris along the hinged side)

Been there, done that. It may be the mechanicals getty sloppy and/or
gunked up, but a real likely cause is swollen/rotted wood from the paint
wearing off the edges that rub and moisture getting in. My Grandmother's
house had same problem from years of neglected upkeep and her habit of
leaving windows open in the rain. Never did get them all working perfectly
before selling the place. And it was hell tracking down replacement
crank/latch parts, which she had broken from forcing stuck windows, and no,
they were not as high in quality. (She was hell on faucet seats, too. I
swear that old bat could break an anvil.)

aem sends....