Jeff Wisnia

Default Adjusting Anderson crank window

OK wrote:

I've got an Anderson crank-out casement window in the bathroom that won't
close all the way. It comes to about a half inch of closing but stays open
far enough that the latches won't catch. If I take off the screen and grab
it with my finger, it's ok. Is there a way to adjust this? We moved into
the house in the winter so it hasn't been a problem but now with the nicer
weather, I need to get this operational.
Thanks

There isn't much operator leverage working for you when the window is
nearly closed. Friction between the window and it's frame can be enough
to cause what you are experiencing.

Try disconnecting the operating arm from the window. There's usually a
wide spot in the track on the window put there so you can spring the arm
stud out of the track. Then feel the window and see if it gets hard to
move just before it's fully closed.

If that's the problem you'll have to free up whatever is causing the
windo to drag, or learn to live with the problem.

Good luck,

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)