Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default An idea I had concerning Student Loans

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11:50:29 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
rbowman wrote:
On 08/27/2019 07:35 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Before you implement that, lets answer another question.Â* Why
is the
cost of education so high?Â* The same people that complain about
corporate profits never ask about tuition costs or salaries of
staff.

https://grimshaw.global/projects/empac/

When I went there it was an engineering school with most
buildings dating from the early 20th century. Now it not only has
a superfantabulous performing arts center but the highest paid
private university president in the country. EMPAC was her
brainstorm but being a female POC one cannot criticize.

It looks really nice!! : ) I'm sure someone would argue that
it's part of marketing. But if you think about it, what do you
get when you have schools marketing against one another? --
Higher tuition.

Someone pointed out recently that when some of us grew up, we did
so without a lot of "luxuries". No cell phones for instance, no
Starbucks.

Similar could have been said throughout history. A generation didn't
have to grow up with sewage thrown in the street. Another didn't have
to use outhouses. Another didn't have to rely on stinky horses.
And on it goes.

Many people drive hyper-expensive vehicles or trucks
which are not paid for now. I have coffee a few times a week,
but, so far, I have never been to Starbucks.

You probably should try it, before complaining. A big cup of very
delicious coffee is just $2.70