Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Light diverter for bulb holder

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:09:44 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:45:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On 8/14/19 8:39 PM, A K wrote:

I noticed the threads on the light bulb holder.

https://imgur.com/a/WPwMtwe

Can something be bought that will make the light shine downward?

As it is now, the light is too bright and wasted when it goes in every direction.

You need a shade with what is called a "Threaded-UNO fitter"

Like this one:

https://www.lampsusa.com/products/ho...SABEgKJDfD_BwE

That would work. Thanks for finding the name of what fits the threaded part.
:-)

But at $29, as trader_4 said, it would be cheaper to get another light fixture.

Wow. Rather than "Handcrafted by experienced designers", I'd rather
have one machine-made by inexperienced designers. Might be cheaper.

these have been rare my whole life, but they must be very rare to charge
so much. And they're just lamp shades. Nothing about them
specifically makes the light shine downward.

maybe the OP could make a collar out of sheet metal, like dogs have to
wear sometimes.

Andy