Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default OT torque wrench

I lost the original thread from last year ? ..
but regardless and irregardless ..
I bought a new torque wrench today - after returning my second
Princess Auto $ 50. unit - both fell apart in my hands -
just doing snow tires in the driveway 2 times per year.
The new $ 120. DeWalt is almost a foot longer ooh ;
has a very fancy plastic case ; Whoo-ooh !
But one point that was made in the original thread -
using it to loosen the lug nuts - the DeWalt has
several warnings to NOT use it to loosen !
The packaging says " limited 1 year warranty "
the web site says " lifetime replacement warranty"
Canadian Tire and Home Depot.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/d...9678p.html#srp

They are just today offering it in a combo
with a breaker bar ... $ 150.

.. the jury is out .. I won't hold my breath ...

John T.