Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Travis Perkins timber

Went to Wickes to buy some wood, came home with a banana.

This happens every time, and is getting rather tedious. It would be nice to
have somewhere that sells vaguely straight wood for a change.

I seem Travis Perkins have finally put non-account prices on their website,
and also indicating which branches have a timber cutting service (so I don't
have to try to fit 3.6m lengths in the car). But is their wood any good?
Does TP Group somehow send all their awful wood to Wickes?

We also have Ridgeons locally, who have also recently started admitting
prices on the web, but it's unclear what their policy on cutting is (and
they don't list the base lengths).

(hello Jewson, it would be nice if you could join the pricing party too)

Thanks
Theo