Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Commodore 1702 Monitor, Intermittent Display Issue

Hi,

I have a Commodore 1702 Monitor that I used with a Commodore 64 computer
years ago. Now I use it as a video monitor with my cable TV converter.

Recently, it developed an intermittent display problem which is hard to
describe. It is similar to an erratic horizontal sweep. When it happens,
there is NO color and looks like random "streaking" horizontal lines.

The problem sometimes happened a minute after I turned on the monitor.
Other times, it took much longer.

Vibration (rapping the monitor) has no effect on the problem. If I turn
off the monitor, then turn it back on, the problem is gone, but it may come
back soon or much later.

Has anyone ever had this problem with a 1702 (or 1902) monitor?

Thank You in advance, John