Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Old filter question

On 8/10/19 5:14 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, 10 August 2019 02:25:50 UTC+1, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 8/9/19 6:35 PM,
wrote:

I'm not sure about how well the scope will work if
any caps are replaced but maybe I can adjust the
scope by using the manual.

Replace every one of them, paper and electrolytic
Leave the ceramic and mica alone for now.
Also, remove the filter. Connect directly, also for
now.

Get the scope working, then decide if you want to
add a filter.

Lytics are sometimes fine, sometimes bad.
Papers mostly bad, and the ones that aren't soon will be
'Micamould' caps are paper not mica, they just imitate mica caps
Ceramic & film are usually fine.
Wholesale replacement is not usually a great policy.

NT

You ignorant ****.
I'm not even going to waste my time explaining this to you.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0