Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:12:26 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday. Took me mere minutes
to swap out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr. I am so glad I
put a shut off valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to
work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you,
but the paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren. I've never
even seen Norgren before, but that name sounds familiar. So, will I be
replacing it again in less than a year or is it likely to be a better
quality regulator. It wasn't much more expensive than the IR regulator.
Maybe $10 difference.

Norgren is good stuff. Or it used to be. It was/is US made.

Gunner
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---