Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Way to quickly unload gravel from trailer

On 8/5/2019 6:13 AM, stryped wrote:
I have a 5 foot wide by 12 feet long dual axle trailer with metal sided. I need to haul several loads of crusher run from the local quarry. Problem is i can only go on Saturdays and they are only open until noon. Looking for a way to quickly and efficently dump a load for my gravel parking pad so I can make multiple trips.

Thought about those pickup bed unloaders but they are not quite wide enough. Also thought about using garage door track, rollers, and a wood "blade" of sorts with an electric winch to push the gravel out.

One other caveat, i am also mulling over possibly one day getting a load of hot asphalt to repair my driveway and possible black top the parking pad in sections. So it would be nice for whatever i m ax ke or use to be able to withstand the temperature of hot asphalt.
Any advice is appreciated!!!

Is there anything you could tie a heavy duty tarp to while you drive
out from under it?
Buy a heavy canvas tarp, (not a Harbor freight all purpose tarp) line
the bed with it and drop the load on top of the tarp. When you get to
your site, tie the canvas to a couple of trees and drive away. You might
need to put cement blocks behind the fender wells so the material
doesn't bind up behind them. If you need more than two loads, I guess
you need more than one tarp. Maybe a sheet of plywood in the bed would
make it slide easier.
I haven't thought about the hot asphalt.