Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Way to quickly unload gravel from trailer

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:58:56 -0400, "Carl"
wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 5 foot wide by 12 feet long dual axle trailer with metal sided. I
need to haul several loads of crusher run from the local quarry. Problem is
i can only go on Saturdays and they are only open until noon. Looking for a
way to quickly and efficently dump a load for my gravel parking pad so I
can make multiple trips.

Thought about those pickup bed unloaders but they are not quite wide
enough. Also thought about using garage door track, rollers, and a wood
"blade" of sorts with an electric winch to push the gravel out.

One other caveat, i am also mulling over possibly one day getting a load of
hot asphalt to repair my driveway and possible black top the parking pad in
sections. So it would be nice for whatever i m ax ke or use to be able to
withstand the temperature of hot asphalt.
Any advice is appreciated!!!

A variation on your blade is to make a fixed blade, drop it down into the
front of the trailer, and just pull the trailer forward to push the stuff
out the back so no winch needed. You could make something hoe shaped that
anchored to the ground behind the trailer and pivoted up and down or use
ropes instead of fixed links so you can let out more rope for each load so
you don't have to shift each load after unloading, or a guillotine attached
to two posts set in the ground (perfect place for the garage door track and
rollers and a beefy sheet for the "door"), but now you do have to shift each
load before the next one.

A lot simpler to just trade the trailer on a dump trailer