Curmudgeon

Default washing machine squealing

Learn to use google and you won't get alt.sex returns.

"Van" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My whirlpool washer is 7 years old. Just yesterday it started squealing
loudly during the agitation cycle. It was agitating fine just making

noise
like a slipping alternator belt on a car. It spun the drum fine and
silently during the spin cycle. I took off the outer cover but didn't

find
any obvious belts. It has a transmission that the motor is attached to.
The transmission seems to be sealed from easy repair. Could this be a

motor
coupler for the transmission? Only squealing during the agitation cycle

and
not the spin cycle? We are calling a repair shop in the morning if it
doesn't seem too easy. What does this repair typically cost? $100? A
google search for "squealing" "washing machine" gets too many
alt.sex.stories returns.