DeeBee

Default Kitchen Electrical Wiring Regulations Advice Please

I am in the process of fitting a complete new kitchen, and would like the
advice of the experts in this NG regarding some electrical regulations.

I have Googled about a bit and found some answers, but not all the info I
need.

So here goes, four topics really.

1.. My understanding is that electrical outlet, 13A sockets, must be at
least 300mm from a sink. Is this correct?

2.. I want to put some mains halogen downlighters in a sloping ceiling
which will have insulation behind the plasterboard. Am I right in assuming
that I should create a box around the downlighters, say 100mm around the
light to keep the insulation away from the heat of the lights. The ceiling
is yet to be put up, so this would be easy, but the builder wants to plaster
the ceiling next week.

3.. Are there any regulations concerning placing junction boxes behind a
plastered ceiling? What are the regulations regarding accessibility to the
junction box? I have a lighting junction box connecting three external
lights to an external PIR.

4.. We are fitting a built under double oven and ceramic halogen hob. My
question here is how to wire this in. The Oven is rated at 5.18 kW (22A @
230V) and the hob at 5.4kW (23A @ 230V). Currently the MCB for the slot in
cooker is 32A. I will upgrade this to 45A. My idea is to run 10mm cable from
the MCB to the Cooker switch above the counter top, and then run two 6mm
cables from the cooker switch to cooker outlet plates below the counter top.
Is this OK?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice / guidance gratefully
received

Duncan