Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Internal Retaining Ring Groove Tool

On 28/07/2019 22:02, Bob La Londe wrote:
I can just grab a piece of tool steel and go stand in front of the
grinder for a while, but I was wondering if there is a simple elegant,
not over priced tool to do the job.Â*Â* Ring groove will likely be 1.1"
give or take.

If not large quantities why not grind a HSS or carbide bit to suit a
boring bar which can hold a bit at 90 degrees to the bar axis. I have a
number of bits for such tasks for internal threading or grooving. This
type of thing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-MM-BOR...pid=1188831138