Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Denon AVR HDMI question

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Forget the splitter. You need to connect....

PC - TV - Receiver.

One of your TV's HDMI inputs should be supporting ARC (Audio Return
Channel) - this will provide pass-through audio on all channels to the
receiver.

It's an interesting exercise to check all independent channel outputs
actually work from your PC mixer. With all HDMI it should be a breeze.

In my case as my own receiver doesn't support HDMI, I make do with the
optical output from my TV, sending audio to that over HDMI encoded as
Dolby Digital 5.1 using the A52 plugin.

https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/A52_plugin

Just mentioning but you definitely don't need that

Thanks for responding. I found there is a significant delay in
the sound when the receiver is set to TV. Also the sound is
then stereo instead of 7.2 HDMI.