Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Skate Bearings - Big Brother ???

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Perhaps one of the absolute cheapest ball bearings assemblies is the
infamous skate bearing. They're cheap enough I buy them atleast a
dozen at a time for misc projects, and just have them on hand. I
probably have 30 or 40 of them in my spare bearings right, not and a
small package of them in the center drawer of my desk. You can get
them in better grades if you want to, but the plane old cheap import
version holds up just fine for hundreds of projects, not the least
of which is skate wheels. They are even cheaper than buying bronze
bushings from most of the common industrial suppliers. I know. I
have a few 8mm bore bronze bushings on hand too.

I've wondered about this for years. I think I might even have asked
this group before. Is there a big brother to this bearing?
Something bigger and nearly as common so that it can be priced to
keep a bunch of them on hand for miscellaneous project?

https://www.baileyhydraulics.com/Reg...I-D-1-1-8-O-D-
I used a pair salvaged from lawnmower replacement wheels for the lift
screw bearings on my sawmill.

https://www.baileyhydraulics.com/600...-I-D-1-02-O-D-
https://www.baileyhydraulics.com/620...-I-D-1-18-O-D-
6203s support the wheels on the HF 1 ton gantry trolley, and the
trolley I made for an HF 1300# electric hoist.

Their catalog is a lesson in what's available in mechanical and
hydraulic components.