Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does anyone need a 5 jaw lathe chuck?

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 5:42:28 AM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:
http://en.sanouchuck.com/english/pro...p?id=45&type=5

Looks intriguing; the presumption, then, is that somewhere in the
world
is a rolling mill turning out pentagonal bars? And mill vise jaws
with
108 degree and 36 degree vees?

The pentagonal spud on a fire hydrant cap/valve is the only item I
can easily
imagine this chuck holding.

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...-chuck-346696/

It might be useful to make a model 5 cylinder radial engine.

I just bought their (last?) 5" 4-jaw for the BS-0 index, for $88.79.
The plan is to fit it to both the index's blank backplate and a used
5C pot collet to mount on my lathe and another less bulky 24-position
5C indexer.