Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Odd battery voltages

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 11:00:19 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 7/19/19 9:18 PM, Allodoxaphobia wrote:

My para-chemist opinion is that alkaline batteries are based on chemical
processes, and chemical processes are slowed by lower temperatures.
(Just try starting your car in -50 degrees Fahrenheit. I have.)

My other opinion is that (insert any company name here) has a mission
statement that - (paraphrasing) states "We are here to move product".
(That's why peanut butter and jelly jars contain ridges. You buy
8 oz. and throw out .25 oz. Big deal? Well, after millions and millions
of .25 ounces are thrown out, you can see They Moved A Lot Of Product.

That's my belief and I'm sticking to it. :-)

A few decades ago in another country I had a scraper/spatula with an
edge shaped to match the ridges in cans and jars. Haven't seen such a
thing since.

Perce

It's called a "jar scraper tool" or something similar:
https://www.google.com/search?q=jar+scraper+tool&tbm=isch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I-Fo0SF6qU
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=peanut+butter+jar+scraper
https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/peanut-butter-spoon

However, that doesn't mean that manufacturers can't retaliate and make
life difficult. Try scraping all the peanut butter out of these jars:
https://www.google.com/search?q=peanut+butter+"sun-pat"&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D