Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Odd battery voltages

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:45:11 -0700, wrote:

I opened a new package of Kirkland brand AA batteries but when I put
them in the device I got the flashing LED mesage of low voltage. Out
of 6 batteries 3 were bad. Measuring the voltages one battery measured
.82 volts, another 1.1 volts, and a third one measured -87 mV.
Negative? Really? Yeah, I thought that too. But I made sure the meter
leads were correctly placed. So I guess something weird is happenening
to these batteries while they are sitting in the package. Maybe they
are getting ready to leak. I'm thinking that package needs to go back.
to Costco.
Eric

Perhaps something like this mess?
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/Kirkland-AAA-leak.jpg
Actually, I've have fairly good luck with Kirkland batteries. I buy
quite a few in various sizes. Most work, but occasionally, I get a
loser like the one's in the photo.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558