Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:13:35 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 17/07/2019 10:46, T i m wrote:

Would you know if the Synology box is as easy to access remotely John
(I believe I can via their 'QuickConnect' facility)?

They run a dynamic DNS service so it can be found if you have a dynamic
address.

'They (the manufacturers of the NAS provide a free) DNS service if
....', do you mean (and I hope). ;-)

I use the Synolgy VPN server when I go away so I can still backup stuff.

Is it also 'easy' to access stuff remotely from work (where she can't
install any extra software but does have open web access) to home
without using a VPN, say if daughter wanted to access some work photos
she'd taken and processed at home (rather than having to move via USB
drive etc)?

Would it simply be a matter of pointing a browser at her (free)
personal address, connecting, authenticating and browsing /
downloading etc?

Cheers, T i m