Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 15/07/2019 20:13, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:51:46 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Can't say I was that impressed with the Baffalo NAS I saw.

In this case 'beggars can't be choosers' John. ;-)

I have wasted enough time working with not quite good enough kit to be
quite a choosy beggar!

If you want
"simple and works" Netgear readynas are good.

Ok. I have seen them on eBay. (Just trying not to go there again),
could it have been a D-Link NAS that required (forced) you to create
an online account and the NAS was linked to it or might that be an
option on most of them for remote access?

You can join them to their ready cloud setup if you want remote access
and don't want to roll your own via VPN etc. However you can set them up
the old fashioned way just pointing a browser at the built in web
interface.

--
Cheers,

John.