Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default 'Best' MCB rating for boiler + washing machine?

On Saturday, 13 July 2019 22:37:59 UTC+1, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Saturday, 13 July 2019 10:54:48 UTC+1, wrote:

It's not clear from the OP if this circuit was already present or whether he created this new circuit?

Apologies; it was already present - spurred off the origin of a 2.5mm2 ring circuit inside the consumer unit and I was contemplating putting it on its own MCB.

To clarify this further, the current spur feeds only the boiler but if I were to move it to its own MCB (turning it into a radial circuit) it was then that I'd move the adjacent washing machine on to it also. My thinking was that'd it'd help spread the current between circuits, and also help keep potentially leaky devices on their own RCD protection if I opted for an RCBO instead of the MCB.