Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Socket terminal screws not grabbing cable....

On 12/07/2019 19:20, Andrew wrote:
On 12/07/2019 18:44, R D S wrote:
Bought some sockets today, put the 2.5mm in, tightened the screw, the
cable promptly fell back out as the screw left too much room at either
side.

What would a proper electrician do in this circumstance?
I folded the cable double but not really happy. Is this a common
'problem'?

I thought that was how you should do it. The space is to allow
ring main in and ring main out, plus possibly a cable to a single
socket spur. I'd be more annoyed if there wasn't anough space to allow
this.

Plenty of space, my bother is that the terminal screw is too narrow
allowing the cable to slip to either side rather than clamping it.