Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Socket terminal screws not grabbing cable....

On 12/07/2019 19:20, Andrew wrote:
On 12/07/2019 18:44, R D S wrote:
Bought some sockets today, put the 2.5mm in, tightened the screw, the
cable promptly fell back out as the screw left too much room at either
side.

What would a proper electrician do in this circumstance?
I folded the cable double but not really happy. Is this a common
'problem'?

I thought that was how you should do it. The space is to allow
ring main in and ring main out, plus possibly a cable to a single
socket spur. I'd be more annoyed if there wasn't anough space to allow
this.

The regs allow for 3 cables without modification. ie no bending double

ISTR BS1363 pt 2

--
Adam