Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default Cloudy headlights

After serious thinking Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote :
I had an MOT advisory this year of "product on headlights"....do they think
I'm a boy racer in a fart can or what? ......I'm just going to use toothpaste
and an old toothbrush ......product my arse......

They are easy to polish up with toothpaste, autosol, or colourcut, but
once done they will decline more rapidly, because the UV coating has
been removed. I would like to know what UV coating works.