Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Quick question - screwdriver bit width for electrical fittingscrews.

On 11/07/2019 14:52, David wrote:
Having replaced my dud little electrical screwdriver with the cheapo
MacAlister one from Screwfix I am now searching for the best bit size for
slotted screws which are in light switch and 13A sockets.

Measuring the width they look to be about 7mm.

So do I co for a 7mm bit, or slightly under size with a 6mm bit?

Since may will sit in a small recess, you need a driver that is slightly
under the full width - otherwise you will catch on the edges of the recess.

--
Cheers,

John.