Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMPS troubleshooting

On Tuesday, 9 July 2019 09:10:55 UTC+1, Jeff Urban wrote:

On a certain unit if you are really dumbfuddled, think "I have to do this, how do I do it ?". Approach it from the beginning.

the only problem with that approach is that with a battery charger you could use maybe 10% the parts they did. Too many things have junk they don't need nowadays.

I once replaced a whole large psu pcb in a Sony tv with a rectifier & lightbulb. Yep, it worked. Wonder if that's where the fashion for surround lighting came from with TVs.

NT