Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Full wave voltage reading

Joule is the quantity of energy neceassar for heatin 1g of water up to
+1° at 4°.
Watt is the power related to J but per second.

Phil Allison a écrit le 08/07/2019 Ã* 23:59Â*:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Oh, wait ... the light dawns.
The DC that I'm trying to measure is the
output of a bridge. It's RMS value will just be the RMS value of the AC
input, less 2 diode drops. Unless I'm missing something ... not unheard of.

** Now you are thinking well into the problem.

The rms value is the equivalent heating effect of a wave expressed as a number.

So, the addition of a bridge between an AC supply and it's load has little effect on the heat in that load except for losses in the bridge.

Ergo, nearly the same rms value.

.... Phil