Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 07/07/2019 09:28, ss wrote:
Having another attempt to get this netbook working on wi-fi.

It connects to the web if connected to the ethernet cable.
I have been putting in the various codes / passwords for the router
but then get this message.....

"It is asking for a network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits
depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as a 5
or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters".

The above does not relate to anything on the router label, I have
tried all the numbers/passwords to no avail.

Anyone know what or where I get this?

Do you even understand how to log in to your router and check what the
wifi password is set to? Or set a new one?

Because it sure looks like your router is set up for WEP when it ought
toÂ* be WPA2/PSK.

I'd agree this looks like WEP, but it sounds to me like the netbook may
be only able to handle WEP while the router is proably WPA/WPA2-PSK.