Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Netbook, back again

ss wrote:

Without guidance I would answer no to reconfiguring.

do you know the ip address of the router? when connected via wired
ethernet, what is default gateway and//or dns server address, in a home
that's 99% going to be the router ... point ypur web browser at that ip
address e.g. http://192.168.1.254

does it ask you to login? do you know the admin username/password, not
the wifi password?

Worth mentioning my PC and various laptops,ipads etc all work ok from
the same wi-fi signal, it is just this one netbook that fails.

worth mentioning that if your router is on WEP and you change it to WPA2
(a good thing) you'll have to re-enter the wifi password into all those
other devices to get them to re-connect.