View Single Post
  #20   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default DeOxit as a corrosion inhibitor

Been a long time since I used it, LPS3 dries waxy. I hardly ever see LPS 1,2,3 in stores.

I never see it. Best place I found to get it is Zoro, their discount kicks in low, maybe 6 cans or whatever, or was that free shipping ? I got LPS2 there, I was specifically looking for 2 so that is what I got and I didn't "go shopping". I don't know if they have 3 or 1.

I don't like their new cans though. The old ones you used to be able to throttle. Now it gushes out and shoots across the room. (if you got the right tube on it, not supplied) And now I lost my syringe somewhere and I no longer know any diabetics. I work on vintage audio and sometimes you have to clean the tuning cap, but only where the contacts are, not all over. If it gets all over the plates it doesn't matter right now because it is electrically inert. But the dust it may attract maybe not, then it throws off the alignment and will continue to do so.

Same with using it on pots, no matter what you don't want that stuff dripping out of it. In the aerospace industry, which uses it, dripping is sometimes good. And the smell is not going anywhere for months. The smell, well it is not worse than WD-40 but it lasts longer. Some people use WD-40 but I won't. It is not the worst but as long as I can get LPS I'll use that.