Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 'scope clock advice please

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:53:56 -0700, (Dave
Platt) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

So, if I build the Mullard scope circuit will it drive the two
inch CRT I ordered seeing as how it was made to drive a 1 inch CRT?
And if that works will the Dutchtronix clock circuit work with the
Mullard scope and give me a nice looking display?

Maybe. :-)

In principle it ought to work, if you get the voltages correct. If
you don't, it'll either not work, or damage the CRT or something else.

Among the things you'll need to look at, in matching up the various
circuits and components, are;

- The required heater (filament) voltage and current for the CRT you
are using.
- The cathode, grid and deflection voltages for the CRT you are using.
- The voltages being created by the clock circuit (microprocessor)
and being fed to the X and Y inputs of the scope circuit

Read through the data sheet for the DH3-91 CRT that the circuit was
designed to work with (
http://www.labguysworld.com/1CP1(db3-91).pdf)
and for the CRT you bought.

The physical size of the CRT doesn't matter very much (directly) but
a larger or different CRT may have different voltage or current
requirements.

Thanks Dave. I downloaded the datasheet for the Mullard tube and I'll
compare it to my CRT when it arrives.
Eric

---