Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 'scope clock advice please

Well, I've been gone for a month and this group is dead. So maybe
my questions will liven it up some. Or maybe everyone else is also on
vacation. I know, this is a repair group. But I will no doubt need to
repair whatever I build. And besides, I get better electronics advice
here, as in more of it and correct, than on the basics group.
While wasting some time on the computer while being on hold I came
across some small ocsilloscope CRTs, then looking for something to
light one of them up I saw some kits to make oscilloscope clocks. Only
34 bucks for the kit!
So I ordered a two inch CRT with electrostatic deflection. Here's a
link to the CRT I ordered:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5LO38I-Mini...f16e%7Ciid%3A1
Then on to ordering the kit. Hah! No dice. The kits are no longer
available. But I think I can still download the code for the
microcontrollers and the files for the circuit boards. Here is a link
to the page that the kit used to be available from:
http://www.dutchtronix.com/ScopeClockH3-1-Enhanced.htm
The kit was also available from other sources but I can't find it
for sale anywhere. Darn. Maybe someone here bought one of these kits
and never built it and it is collecting dust. If so why not sell it to
me?
I also need to drive the CRT and I found a simple circuit called
the Mullard's Pupil Oscilloscope. Here's a link:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Mul...-Oscilloscope/
So, if I build the Mullard scope circuit will it drive the two
inch CRT I ordered seeing as how it was made to drive a 1 inch CRT?
And if that works will the Dutchtronix clock circuit work with the
Mullard scope and give me a nice looking display?
Look, this is just for fun. I am capable of safely dealing with
the high voltage. But I don't know enough to know if all the parts
will play nice with each other. I have also not built any tube or
valve gear using point to point wiring so a little advice about that
would be greatly appreciated. When it is all done the idea is to have
as much of the tube circuitry as possible exposed with the modern
microntroller stuff hidden away. I like tube stuff and exposed
machinery, always have.
I think a one tube scope with a hand wound xmfr could look pretty
cool sitting on a shelf near my tube amplifier.
Thanks All,
Eric