Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default DeOxit as a corrosion inhibitor

In article -
september.org, says...

In watching the video, I was wondering how the Rtv acedic acid reacted with
steel. I coated and removed cured rtv from copper sheet, no corrosion.

Whatever it was, I removed old NOS stuff like silver plated switches.
Around the switch was a piece of paper looking sheet. One side said towards
part. Any part sticking out of paper had turned black. I still have some
pads to stick inside sensitive equipment said to protect. Never tried them.

There are several types of RTV. Some have the acedic acid and eats
copper, and some does not have the acid and is fone with copper.