Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default DeOxit as a corrosion inhibitor

Jeff Urban wrote:
It's like 2:00 AM and I can't play videos right now because every time I
do they come up with a big BOOM and I am waiting for it to happen and the
others come and say "Did you blow off a gun in the house ?". One time I
plugged in a preamp that had DC on the output and when I switched to it
the thud was like, you would think like maybe a big bookshelf got tipped
on the floor or some ****.

Anyway, what makes Deoxit Deoxit is the reducer. It is a very small part
of the contents but the part that really does the work. I do not know
which component it is. It actually takes the oxygen out of the metal.

Now if you can get that stuff to forever be on the metal I imagine it
would be really protected. Some sort of non-volatile grease, but I don't
know if it is oil soluble.

If I were so inclined I would do a little research and find out exactly
how a reducer works, what they are, their properties and all that but
rally, I have enough going on. There has to be someone around here who
knows more. If not maybe we have to go find somewhere else.

Yeah I am interested but I am not willing to spend a week on it.

Cramolin Red did not first come in spray. Just like 100% Deoxit D100. I'll
look at that video, but can't on this old tablet.

Greg