Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Flakey Molex(?) connectors

On 6/15/2019 7:40 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
... I've had to deal with intermittent
square pin connectors in commercial 2-way Motorola radios and
repeaters for quite some time. ...

The edges of the square pin had a burr along two adjacent edges. ...

It must have been very satisfying to find the smoking gun. Or the
smoking edges in this case.

Even if there wasn't a burr, a slight misalignment would make the pins
contact on their corners iso the flats.

BTW - I fixed the tool by removing the contacts from the shell and
soldering them to the pins on the board.

Yech. Whatever works.

Frankly, I didn't have much choice, given my limited equipment and
skills. Even replacing the contacts would have meant making a crimp
connection smaller than my means to.

Thanks for your reply,
Bob