Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Plasterboard paper surface peeling

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 21:25:23 +0100, newshound wrote:

On 14/06/2019 20:26, Scion wrote:
Hi all,

I have some internal stud/plasterboard walls, the paper is peeling away
from the plasterboard at the joins in some areas. It's quite thick due
to the number of coats of paint, so I can't just glue it down, it will
quickly peel away again.

What to do?

Don't recognise this problem. Do you mean wallpaper or lining paper, or
the outer layer of "card" in the plasterboard sandwich?

Don't think the plasterboard is papered over, it's the layer of paper on
the plasterboard that is peeling.