Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Noisy repeater output

In article ,
says...

You haven't supplied any additional information on the equipment
you're using, duplex split frequency, and available test equipment.
The HP spectrum analyzer will survive the obvious overload, but I'm
not sure if it will produce usable measurements (without spurious
noise). As I mentioned, try reducing the input level with an
additional attenuator and see if the spurs disappear.
--

I have used a HP 8924C for a SA and sometimes it is difficult to tell if
it is overloaded at first even though it has the high power option and

Sometimes to see the spurious RF you need to notch out the fundimental.