Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Constant shop vac filter clog

On 6/12/2019 8:52 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:42:53 -0400, Meanie wrote:

I found that my DC _did_ get clogged by fine dust when I was doing a lot
of heavy sanding and the bag had to be beaten to loosen it. I set up a
kludge with a second bag and that alleviated the problem but didn't
eliminate it.

The bag looks like one for an upright vacuum which is why I asked. Shop
vacs (at least mine and most) have the conical filter which wraps around
the center exhaust. I've never seen a bag for one.

It may be a European thing. Festool vacs use bags too.

My 40+ year old American made, wet or dry ShopVac used bags. I just
brushed them off and used them until they got holes in them. No hepa
crap, no dust, just lots of ear bleeding noise. I finally gave up on
waiting for the damned thing to break, and replaced it with a nice,
quiet Ridged. I'm trying to throw away the ShopVac, but have trouble
throwing anything away, particularly if it works.

--
Jack