Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Constant shop vac filter clog

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:26:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Meanie on Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:34:38 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
I'm tired of the sawdust induced filter in my shop vac and decided it's
time to get a better filter, which I assume there isn't anything to stop
sawdust clogging, or make a cyclone separator. Thus, anyone have any
suggestions for a filter or easy plans for a cyclone separator?

Easy plan is that somewhere upstream of the filter, put a "box"
which is much larger than the hose, where in the 'larger' chunks fall
out. With baffles you can cause eddies in the air flow which will
allow more dust to "fall out".

Baffles will increase the air resistance, thus drop the suction
appreciably.

Or buy a small cyclone unit to do the same thing.

Much better but TANSTAAFL.