Posted to rec.woodworking
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default Constant shop vac filter clog

On 6/11/2019 10:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 9:47:34 PM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
Meanie wrote:

I'm tired of the sawdust induced filter in my shop vac and decided it's
time to get a better filter, which I assume there isn't anything to stop
sawdust clogging, or make a cyclone separator. Thus, anyone have any
suggestions for a filter or easy plans for a cyclone separator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8jXS8Fjh8

I'd like to see what happens when the hose end gets stopped up and all
the force hits those connections. Having seen how much a wet-dry vac
can distort those 5 gallon buckets, I wouldn't expect too much longevity
with that set-up.

I would use larger fittings for this project not only to ease the flow
but the larger shop vacs have 2" hoses. I assume he made it to fit a
smaller vac which he uses.