Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Sub Panel neutral bonding

On 6/11/2019 12:37 PM, wrote:

Whatever makes you feel safer but there are 10s of millions of
circuits and feeders running like that safely for the last 100 years
or so. The main justification in the code change was simply
consistency in the code, not any particular tombstone count.
You can look at the 96 ROP if you like.
Phil Simmonds wrote the proposal and his words were "the war is over"
We don't need to save copper anymore, in reference to ranges and
dryers.
(although the 3 wire feeder was around long before WWII)

Actually one WW prior to that, even...altho many houses then didn't yet
have 220 V service, three-wire was what was used if did...we didn't get
REA service until post WWII (1948 when they finally reached us) so
everything on the place here dates from then altho the house was wired
when built in 1916 for the Delco windcharger system, it was just
two-wire K&T for the 32 VDC. Still have all the old mother-of-pearl
inlaid pushbutton light switches that are classic in looks but not up to
120 VAC, sadly.