Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Water pressure pump pressure switch doesn't turn on automatically

Once upon a time, a gentleman from New York was driving across the Vermont countryside in his brand new Cadillac - whereupon it broke down, stopped dead, in the middle of nowhere - and no cell coverage (common in VT). The Gentleman walked to the nearest house, inhabited by an elderly farmer, and asked to borrow a phone.

Gentleman: My car broke down, I have no cell coverage. May I borrow your phone?

Farmer: Got no phone. Mind if I take a look?

Gentleman: This is a 2019 Cadillac - I am sure you have no idea.

Farmer: Mind if I take a look?

Gentleman: I guess that would be OK.

The farmer walked to the car, popped the hood, and looked for about 30 seconds. Ayuh! And walked to his barn, returning with a small brass hammer.
Three taps later, he asked the gentleman to "Try it now".

Ran perfectly!

The gentleman, being a gentleman, asked: What do I owe you?

Farmer, after looking him up and down: $300.

Gentleman: For $300, I want an itemized bill!

Farmer: Sure.
Walked to his house, and came back with the bill as follows:

Three taps with small brass hammer @ $1 each. $3.
Know whe $297.

Being ripped off is in the eye of the beholder.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA