Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Another old-timer tube/valve question

On 04.06.19 19:50, three_jeeps wrote:
On Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 11:57:25 AM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Gentlemen,

What are the typical average/maximum operating temperatures of a full
wave rectifying tube/valve? Is it normal for them to become too hot to
touch after only a minute or two?
I'm talking specifically about the 5Y3GT in this context.

From the Radiotron Designers Handbook, RCA, 1952: pages 1164-1168 (I could not paste in a number of curves, one of which is Direct Voltage at input of filter versus DC Load in mA.)
(This book is in my library but also in .pdf's around the web...)

Cut
Googled...downloaded..... checking. (Thanks)