Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Consumer Units with RCBOs

On 01/06/2019 19:40, wrote:
One of the worst areas I see in the home where cables are not in the
sage zones is on the kitchen and more specifically for the cooker.

Typically the cable going to the cooker isolation switch is in safe
zones.

There is typically a cooker cable junction box in the wall behind the
cooker.

Then there is a short run of cable from the cooker isolation switch
to the cooker cable junction box and it's always diagonal! I have
never seen a vertical and horizontal cable run between the isolation
switch and junction box.....

If you have various accessories (switch, outlet plate etc) positioned
diagonally to each other - there is always a rectilinear path between
them that does not stray from their respective zones.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |