Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Mystery part on schematic

In article ,
says...

FWIW I bought them to dot them around in various places where formerly I'd have had to go fetch a nice meter or forego using one at all. They can go where loss or damage are a risk with little concern. They've saved time & enabled quick easy repairs. I don't normally need accuracy or a CAT 3 rating to get something working. They

paid back their cost (2.44 each) in a few days IIRC, an ROI that's hard to beat. Any engineer should be able to undersand the utility of that.

Yes I require accuracy at times, and have the datrons to do that. These tiddlers are not for those occasions.

I have 4 or 5 of the 'Free' Harbor Freight metes. Verified them against
a Fluke meter that was verified against some very high accurate lab
gear. The HF meters are not that far off and work fine especially for a
go/no go test. Does it really matter if the house voltage is 120 or 123
volts ? I have on in my truck and some in places around the house as I
don't want to go the shop on the basement for a better meter.