klim

Default how to drill post holes in solid rock

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:39:57 -0700, "SQLit"
wrote:

[snipped]

I do not think that the 6 inch holes are deep enough for a regular fence
post. More like a foot or more will be needed.

Have fun your in for some long hours.

Thanks for the experienced replies. It is granite rock here in the CO
foothills and steep. Pneumatic sounds like the way to go to drill
holes. But it does sound as arduous as I feared especially considering
I'd need about 300' of hose to reach some of the places.

But, I'm also considering an alternative plan and I'd appreciate any
comments on it. A buck fence made out of 2" used well pipe. I can weld
the A-frames in my shop, haul them up the mountain and weld the rails
in place with my 110v wire feed welder and a portable generator.
Materials would cost more than a T-post and smooth wire fence, but
this might be easier to build in the long run. Any thoughts?