Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
If I'm expecting an important call from the hospital, etc, I just switch
off the call blocker. But then they usually phone my mobile. My doctor's
surgery manages to leave a message with the call blocker on.

That's fine for an expected call. It doesn't work for an appointment
months away, that you get a call about to bring it forward due to a
cancellation and they won't leave any message due to "data protection."
The shortest notice we have had was bring an appointment for a scan
forward about a month - as long as we could get to the hospital in two
hours time!

And do you know you've actually missed such a call due to a call blocker?

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.