Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Nuisance calls

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 16/05/2019 16:12, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

, all large PABXs sold this century
could present the extension number or any other chosen number, by a
simple series of pre-dialling codes, or as a policy unless cancelled.
Informing users how to do this and convincing departments that they
should was were it fell down, in the NHS at least.

Presumably it can be set centrally? If so, simply set it up so some
selected extensions send their direct numbers, others send the number
of
their department reception and the rest send the central reception
number.

But they don't like doing that, because people ring back and ask "why did
you call me" and the central reception don't have Scooby

tim

This is exactly the sort of problem one would expect computers to solve.

The best of them have. My old electricity supplier has one that does that.
Now, when you missed the call from them wanting to get you to change
back to them again, with a new even higher discount offer that they were
too stupid to offer when you asked them what the best offer they have
is to stop you from leaving, the system uses your caller ID to direct you
to the part of their operation that called you and shows them your details.