Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Value drift over time

On 5/19/19 10:01 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, 19 May 2019 12:09:10 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 18 May 2019 18:20:37 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

Apparently the person was short of cash or in a hurry. The person took a
CC and a triangular file and raised the CC to the value neede.

We used to do the same sort of thing with xtals in the days when they
were expensive and hard to come by.

Except you didn't use a file. You used 600 grit silicon carbide paper
and a piece of glass for a flat surface.

Couldn't do that with my oldest crystal, it's in a valve glass envelope. 5kHz IIRC.

At the time, the "standard" crystal was the FT-243 which you could
take apart to get to the crystal slab inside.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0